11 May 2013

Children Games 1960

For today's theme at Viridian´s Sunday Stamps I have chosen some old stamps from Romania.
They represent quite nicely the way children used to play in small villages: skating on frozen lakes, swimming in summer, playing rounders or sleighing.
I find this set a nice one, especially these days when children don´t play that much anymore outside, it´s good to remind their parents that there are much healthier ways to spend the day than watching TV or playing games on computer. It´s up to each of us to teach them something from our childhood.
So here are the stamps:




They are not that accurate as today´s stamps, but let´s don´t forget they were printed in 15 Oktober 1960 :)
What did you used to play as a child?


10 comments:

  1. A lovely depiction of outdoor activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun stamp, ah the energy of children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these vintage stamps. It's nice to see the snow now that weather starts to be hot here...
    About your last question: for me is the last stamp. I grew by the sea and the children spent ALL the summer in the water! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the same these days? Are children still preferring swimming in the sea instead of chatting on Facebook? Just being curious.

      Delete
    2. I'm afraid today children are less free than we were, it's a pity!

      Delete
  4. Outdoor activities are the best of all. We lived outdoors when I was a child. Fine stamps, only swimming matches with us in England though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for passing by. Childhood is a wonderful part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those days of playing out of doors. My own sons loved to play outside too. I live beside the sea and it's a great pleasure to see the children on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today it has turned almost winter-ish out (complete with frost warnings!) so I almost posted stamps of children playing hockey and sledding :)
    These have an almost nostalgic feel to them though they were probably not meant that way in 1960

    ReplyDelete
  8. My children spend far too much time watching tv. But they do like to swim in the summer!
    Thank you for participating this week!

    ReplyDelete