18 September 2011

Railways from Brasil

I can´t wait to get these stamps from Timothy :)
So, here it is my post for Viridian´s Sunday Stamps: Brasil 2007, Transportation.


The first stamp 1,40BRL shows a subway train from the Historical Heritage Department Train Museum.

The second one, 1,45 BRL illustrates the "Baroneza" locomotive. The "Baroness" was the first steam locomotive in Brazil and transformed into unique cultural monument by the Institute of National Historical and Artistic Heritage, first circulated in April 30, 1854, attended the Imperial entourage when it opened EF Petropolis a stretch of 14.5 km between Maud and Fragoso, founded by Irenaeus Evangelista de Souza, Viscount and Baron of Maua.


The last one 1,60BRL is The Bonde de Santa Teresa Tram The Santa Teresa Tram is a historic tram line in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, connecting the city centre with the primarily residential, inner-city neighbourhood of Santa Teresa, in the hills immediately southwest of downtown. It is currently maintained mainly as a tourist attraction, and is nowadays considered a heritage tramway system, having been designated a national historic monument in 1988.



Title: Transportation
Date of Issue: July 6, 2007
Country: Brazil

Source: http://www.wnsstamps.ch/en/stamps/BR027.07
Denominations: 1,40 1,45 and 1,60 BRL

7 comments:

  1. I'd like to take a trip on the Santa Teresa tram. Thank you for the interesting stamps of the train history of Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love train stamps. I will soon do a week of trains, or maybe just trams/streetcars on stamps. first we must finish our trip around the world. thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamps! I haven't seem them before as far as I remember. I must have a look at some of my older cards from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed my virtual tram ride, though I think I would be afraid of falling out of the open sides if I were actually on that tram.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stamps, trains make for a great subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice that you have joined me on my trains. I considered them adequate for Viridian´s trip around the World :)

    ReplyDelete