13 August 2011

Traditional Festive Food Malaysia

Sunday Stamps #31 - click the link on the right sidebar to see more entries on Viridian´s blog (you can always find out something interesting here)


Malaysia Post released a stamp issue on August 10, 2010. The stamp issue on topic of traditional festive food consists of a block of 10 stamps (80s each stamp) from stamp sheet, a block of 10 stamps (60s each stamp) from stamp booklet and a miniature sheet (RM3). The design of stamps is in a format of mirror image - only for the drawing of food but the wordings are not mirror image.

Thanks to Tze Liang, I now have this wonderful booklet that I thought nice to share with you.



Malaysia is a country, comprising of various ethnic communities.These communities have their own traditional food prepared during festive season. For stamp collectors and gastronomes alike, the stamp collection and FDC feature culinary treasures served during festivities such as Hari Raya, Chinese New Year, Deepavali and festivals celebrated by the Sabah and Sarawak ethnic groups.One interesting thing that I found out on Ian´s blog is the secret code of these "mirror" stamps. It happens that the stamps depicting Malay, Sarawakian and Sabah food can be merged together to form a complete plate! Check this out here.

Title: Traditional Festive Food
Date of Issue: 10 August 2010
Country: Malaysia
Source:
http://www.pos.com.my
Denominations: 10x60sen (booklet), 10x80sen, 3xRM1 (sheet)

7 comments:

  1. Looking at these stamps has made me hungry. They are very colourful. It would be a shame to separate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very clever and beautiful stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, but I am such a Westerner that I don't recognize these items! I really must broaden my outlook.

    What a great idea for stamps. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely set of stamps. I have looked at Ian's page and the lay out is cleverly done, but think I prefer them joined as you have them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamps and the food are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stamps are delicious so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. certainly these stamps are displayed well.If there is a need of such stamps and other issues of Malaysia let me know

    ReplyDelete